Job Posting Policy and Procedure For Submission
Job postings will be accepted and posted, free of charge for current ASSP Members and Employers that submit a job posting on the behalf of their organization. The posting will expire and automatically be removed from the website after a 30 day period. Prior to the expiration of the 30 day period, the posting may be renewed at the request of the submitter for one additional 30 day posting period. Exceptions may be granted upon the approval of the chapter leadership.
All job postings that are posted “free of charge” must specifically be stated as a position located in the Central Illinois Chapter boundaries or immediately adjacent Chapter boundaries. These areas generally include Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Indiana and Wisconsin. Exceptions may be granted upon the approval of the chapter leadership.
Job postings for any other submitter or organization, such as employment recruiters, job boards or others that may receive direct or indirect compensation for successfully referring or placing candidates with an employer will be charged $25 for each 30 day posting period. The posting will expire and automatically be removed from the website after a 30 day period. Prior to the expiration of the 30 day period, the posting may be renewed at the request of the submitter at a rate of $25 for each subsequent 30 day period. Payments must be made by check and payable to “Central Illinois Chapter of ASSP”. Payment arrangements and delivery address will be provided upon coordination of the job posting.
All job postings must have a contact email address, phone number or mailing address listed. The chapter will not be responsible for collecting, filtering or screening responses on the behalf of the job posting submitter.
The chapter reserves the right to restrict, edit, remove or prohibit any job posting at the discretion of the chapter leadership.
For questions or submissions, please use the Contact Us page
Field Safety Compliance Inspector 1-20-23
Allied Safety Group, LLC (ASG) is seeking to hire a full-time Field Safety Compliance Inspector to support and assist our Utility Partner and its contractors in their Health and Safety compliance efforts within the Southern Illinois Region.
This position earns a competitive wage and is provided generous benefits, including an employer-funded health reimbursement account, company vehicle, paid time off (PTO), and paid company holidays. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT ALLIED SAFETY GROUP, LLC
Allied Safety Group LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business specializing in workplace injury and illness prevention. Since our formal establishment in 2020, our team of professionals has provided training, inspections and reports, and consultation for our clients in the Construction and General Industries so that they may foster a culture of safety and health success in the workplace.
Above all, we strive to control or eliminate known or potential safety and health hazards in our client’s workplaces. We train teams to perform their work safely, utilizing safety systems along with PPE as they identify and correct hazardous conditions in the workplace. We build relationships with our client teams that foster a safer work environment and safety-focused culture.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FIELD SAFETY COMPLIANCE INSPECTOR
As a Field Safety Compliance Inspector, your duties will include scheduling and meeting with contractor representatives, performing work for our client, an energy provider in Illinois, to perform safety and health compliance inspections. Additional duties involve monitoring the day-to-day activities of utility, construction and maintenance contractors and equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and customer safety guidelines; assisting customer construction supervisors and contractor(s) and their employees in complying with safety requirements; scheduling visits and preparing daily reports. Utilizing our hardware and software, you will perform inspections on sites or projects within a predetermined region in southern Illinois and produce reports for client and contractor review. You must be independent and initiative-driven to succeed in this role! This position is guaranteed for 2+ years to the right professional.
Your knowledge of applicable health and safety regulations should be strong. Solid skills are vital for navigating regulatory compliance requirements and determining compliance deficiencies. This includes identifying responsible parties and corrective actions.
This position offers the right candidate the flexibility to schedule their own work week within the boundaries of our client’s expectations. You will be issued a company vehicle, fuel card, and hardware or equivalent compensation to use your own. A dedicated supervisor and support team will be on staff 24/7 for any needs you may have. You would be 1 of 3 team members throughout the State of Illinois performing this service.
You will need competent understanding of applicable standards, regulations and best practices in the areas of:
- Natural Gas Transmission/Distribution
- Electrical Transmission/Distribution
- Vegetation Management
- Electrical Substation Construction/Maintenance
- Utilizing our inspection software, develop technical inspection reports to communicate compliance and non-compliance with applicable standards, regulations, and best practices with clients and contractor representatives. This includes appropriate corrective actions as necessary:
o Our software and systems are operated via mobile devices and are very user-friendly
o Reports are generated automatically; you are the data collector identifying what is right and wrong in terms of compliance
- Work independently to provide Health and Safety Support Services for our clients
- Conduct Risk Assessments and Audits
- Perform investigations of accidents and incidents
- Communicate with client and contractor supervisor(s) and field personnel and make recommendations to optimize worker safety and health compliance
- Coach and mentor personnel on the importance of safety and health success
- Build a positive and proactive “Safety Culture” within your workgroup
- Pursue and maintain advanced knowledge and certification in applicable areas of Occupational Health and Safety
- Performs other related duties as assigned
An Ideal candidate will have Professional Certification in Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) or a related field:
o Safety-related designation preferred (CSP, ASP, CIH, CHST, etc.)
o Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in a related field preferred
o OSHA 500/501 and 510/511 Authorized Outreach Trainer preferred
o 5 (five) years of related experience in the field of OSH and Risk/Loss Control preferred
- Thorough knowledge and use of OSHA Regulations, MUTCD Temporary Traffic Control, EPA Health & Safety Regulations, and other law, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures pertaining to occupational health and safety
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & SharePoint (Must be competent and proficient with the Microsoft Office suite)
- Travel when necessary (Occasional overnight travel required)
- A current/valid driver’s license
Does this sound like you
- Strong leadership skills, drive, initiative and the ability to generate enthusiasm among team members
- A great listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses a high degree of integrity and a dedication to results
- Keep abreast of all 1910 and 1926 regulations and standards
- Strong dedication to safety and health in the workplace and community
- Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Perform with a professional appearance and excellent customer service skills
- Can you be persistent in finding solutions and getting great results
- Passion for learning, understanding, and using new technologies
- Do you want to work for a company that values you and appreciates your contributions
If yes, you might just be perfect for this position!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that Field Safety Compliance Inspectors must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Frequent walking, including on uneven surfaces
- Climbing of stairs and ladders
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work in inclement weather, including hot and cold extremes
- Daily driving for up to 8 hours as necessary
This Safety Sensitive Position requires work on project sites, including federal projects. Project sites contain various safety hazards associated with heavy construction. This position may require working at heights, around heavy equipment, and under constantly changing circumstances.
A successful candidate shall be able to pass a pre-employment physical, background check, MVR, and drug screen. A written competency test will also be administered to successful applicants.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
It is the policy of Allied Safety Group, LLC to strictly abide by and adhere to Federal EEO regulations protecting candidates, applicants, and employees from discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
All phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, rates of pay, or other forms of compensation, will be derived from educational and occupational qualifications and business necessity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $62,400.00 per year
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Self-determined schedule
- Weekend availability
Work Location: On the road